Friday, August 8, 2008

Welcome Baby Sabie Bereket Witt!



First things first. Before I post about our first week in Mexico City I want to mention a new addition to my sister Kyra, and husband Michael’s family. They have been in Ethiopia the past 2 weeks to pick up their daughter who they have named Sabie Bereket Witt (pronounced Sar-bee accent on the -bie). Bereket is the name she was given at the orphanage (or maybe from someone in her family? I’m not sure) and Sabie is the name that Kyra and Michael picked out for her after a river in South Africa. This is their first child and Kris, the boys and I are very excited to have her as a niece! Sabie ties the girls with the boys in the cousins count...it's up to us to break the tie I guess!


3 comments:

FOX said...

What a total cutie!!!

Sirk said...

The Eternal Family and God's plan. That is what our time down here is all about. I can't wait until she is sealed to Mike and Kyra.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. Her name isn't Sar-bee though. It's Sea-bie.

Bereket means Blessing and was given to her by her birth mother.

Hope you all are doing well. There is many stories to tell but I am not ready to tell them all yet. In due time.