Jamison found a tennis ball in one of the boxes I was unpacking and bounced it right into it. He was pretty shocked when it broke, I was pretty glad it didn't all come crashing down.
What ticks me off is this huge glass wall isn't even tempered glass. It's relatively thin with sharp edges, poorly installed and did I mention it isn't even tempered? What that means is when it breaks it SHATTERS into SLIVERS of sharpness; a 13 ft by 6.5 ft guillotine.
While I was trying to tape the break to hold it somewhat before Kris could help me with it, any piece of tape I put on it was sliced right through. My hands got cut up and I didn't even feel it until blood smears were on the glass, that's pretty sharp people!!! I'm grateful for US building codes.

And then there is this...I don't even know what to say except I'm glad he couldn't climb up higher to reach my LIFE cereal. This cereal was on the 4th shelf, 5 ft up from the floor, the kid climbs them like a ladder. The pantry will be locked at all times from now on. And for all the smart alecks out there asking where the heck I was? I was upstairs changing and dressing Bronwyn.

After cleaning up the floor I thought I had better bring the Monster in to pose next to his handy work. If he wanted a bigger bowl he could have just asked. And this happened after we played Candy Land most of the morning. The kid acts like he's neglected, maybe he gets too much attention? Or maybe he's just 2.

Just to point something out, Jamison is either shirtless or pantless as you can see from the pictures. If he had it his way he'd just run around in a diaper or better yet, naked.
14 comments:
Haa!!! It is so funny when it is not you. I am so glad you have pictures to document this. Holly Cow a toilet full of cereal. I woulnd't even know where to begin. What I love is you are giving me a glimps into what my boys might do and thus preparing me not to react by dunking thier heads into said toilet bowl and giving them a cereal covered swirly!
I am so glad it is not just me that has this happen to them. I haven't had it in the toilet yet...but I am sure one day I will.
Holy crockpot! I would make him eat it for every meal until it was gone;) Thank goodness for little girls right?
I can't help it Garity...I'm cracking up laughing! You wouldn't believe how much Jamison looks like Kris did at 2 or 3 yrs. Kris was skinny and into everything (innocently, of course). What amazes me is that I miss "my babies" and those good ole' days!!! What am I thinking:-)
Love ya', Mom Line.
And....to not just point Kris out when he was little, sister Heidi was about Jamison's age when she climbed up that high in the kitchen and got syrup and Rice Krispies out (while I was putting coats and boots on the other kids)...and somehow got the syrup on first and then dumped on the Rice Krispies. She looked liked she'd been tarred and feathered or something. See Kris...Heidi*was* much worse:-)
Kyra, your witty (no pun intended) comments are hysterical. Thanks for another good laugh.
Oh my, little boys! Sorry about your cereal. I love that cereal too, a little sad to see it dumped. :-(
Now, MY boys would have taken it a step further... they probably would have taken a snitch from the bowl while I was taking the picture, and if they were civilized, with a SPOON! :) I feel your pain... really I do... :) Hang in there!
Maybe he was just feeding Nemo some breakfast! You know, all drains go to the ocean.
That cat pic cracks me up too! So much fun in the Line house! My life isn't as interesting since my kids are getting older!
He was eating it! When I came in he was just chowing down!
Oh, I SO wouldn't be laughing. You're very good natured to be able to pause long enough to take a picture. I'd be yelling through the whole process...FURIOUS.
I remember one time that Moroni pulled every wipe out of a box, pulled all the clothes out of the closet, peed on it, and threw it all around the room.
I just had to close the door, and called Matt to tell him he was dealing with it when he got home.
I just didn't trust myself to get through it without screaming and crying.
Oh my goodness! Your experiences are honestly something else! Things I never would have even thought of! lol lol lol. They are too funny. I am glad you take the time to recognize these things and document them! That glass is horrible! Who builds a wall out of glass like that? I guess the people of Mexico! So what did you guys do? Is it still taped up!?
Ok, that was pure entertainment. It seems every family has their monster. Jake kicked his foot through a window once and when I came in the room his legs were hanging out the window and I thought they were gone! It's amazing how these kids avoid serious injury! So were you able to flush the cereal or did you have to fish the sludge out?
Well, he's a boy! You likely won't see that sort of thing with girls, from my experience. The shirtless, pants-less, antics, it's all completely normal. Again from my experience. Doesn't make it any more easy to deal with, but don't feel like you're alone.
It is comical though when you see it happen to someone else, lol!
Post a Comment