Friday, September 19, 2008

El Caminero

Jamison LOVES orange soda:








Welcome to El Caminero...our favorite taco spot so far.



Waiting for tacos...Braedon is not capable of taking a serious photo. I'm going to torment him someday because of it.





It's a very simple restaurant. You order the type of meat you want, add your extras like cheese, poblano peppers or onions. The pico de gallo is amazing, Kris and I can easily finish a whole bowl of it. (big surprise...but it's veggies so it's healthy)



We're so gringo that we actually stop at the 7-11 to pick up sour cream to go with our tacos on our way there. They don't serve sour cream but the pico de gallo can be really hot so we need some help cutting the heat...sour cream works wonders.



Biggest reason we go there...the kids LOVE it!



8 comments:

dcm said...

you guys look like you're really having fun down there. we're looking forward to a visit someday. stay well. dad

Janet said...

I would love to see the grandkids someday. You all look wonderful & happy. Love ya! Mom Line

Ashly said...

um...YUM. can I come visit? those tacos are calling my name.. and have I told you *CONGRATULATIONS* on your pregnancy?!!! If not, know I was thinking it!! I left you a post on your artisan post a few days ago...those guys are AWESOME! I *love* the whimsy and vibrant colors. and your boys are amazingly adorable, as always-

Darci said...

Lynn and Sandi were at the grandparents house today and we were all taking about these pictures. How funny is Braedon. And then there is Natalee that knows when the camera is pointing at her and poses like a model. Loving the pictures of Jamison and the orange soda. How goofy does he get with all of that sugar in him?

Garity said...

Darci-he's goofy with or without sugar...I don't think it matters, not to mention it isn't very often we let him have it so that's why it's such a treat for him.

Mom Line- That's why we kept offering to fly you down to us when we were in Fredericksburg all those times! Our offers must have kept hitting you at bad times when you were leaving for Idaho or just really busy in Ohio. We'll get up to Ohio someday or we'll just buy you and Bill tickets and fly you down to Mexico City! Do you and Bill have passports? You guys should plan on us flying you down this next summer, before or after the family reunion! Lets plan on it!

Garity said...

Oh , and by then Mom there will be another grandbaby to see!

Happy The Man said...

That food looks incredible, and yes, veggies are good so eat them like you would candy! My family is gonzo on sour cream too, I don't need it. Though I'm a sucker for guac so if that was an option, I'm all over it.

We tend to go where the kids want to go too except when we go out sin hijos of course.

ganelle said...

At least he's not drinking diet Coke like MY two-year-old! (Yet another reason I'm not mother of the year!)

Oh, and CONGRATS! I didn't realize you were prego! I'll be sending pink thoughts your way. (Although I am CLEARLY not very good at pink anything!) How are you feeling? When are you due? Fill in the details!!!