This will be one of my last posts of our time in Mexico. I may stumble across pictures I forgot about and post them at a later time. I have already done posts about some of this but sometimes it's nice to revisit.
Our last month in Mexico was a whirlwind. We were able to have a friend, Jennifer Jarrett and her mom, Lisa, come for a visit from Utah. This gave us the perfect excuse to visit the Monarch butterflies again and I'm so glad we did! Here is the link to our first trip out to the Monarch Sanctuary. It has a lot more information on the monarchs and their migration not to mention a fun little rustic hotel.
Last year we went to the state of Michoacan but since that state is off limits to us right now (drug cartel activity) we decided to go to a sanctuary in Estado de Mexico near the town of Valle de Bravo. The sanctuary is called El Capulin in case you want to look it up for your own trip. I liked this sanctuary much better than last year's. You can get right up close to them at El Capulin, not the case at Michoacan's Sierra Chincua Sanctuary where you can only look down at them from a viewing point.
For the record, I can't stand the fad of putting dinner-plate dahlia sized bows and flowers in babies' hair. I think it looks ridiculous (dinner plate dahlias are obscene enough in the garden!). Thankfully, my mom never traumatized me as a baby or young girl with stupid fads that she documented in photos to later torment me. I hope to respect Bronwyn's dignity the same way. That being said, I don't have the same standard when it comes to Monarchs.
You can tell from her expression that the feeling of butterflies walking around on the skin is something to experience.
Braedon got creative and fashioned a pine cone dude during the hike.
We also made one last trip to the pyramids at Teotihuacan.
Jen and Lisa!
(These are 5 pictures that Jen took but I had to add them)
(These are 5 pictures that Jen took but I had to add them)
This is the view from the second level from the top of the Sun pyramid. Notice the slope, what would you think about doing if you saw this? How close would you get to the edge for a picture?
Ummm, yes I do believe she is borderline CRA-ZY and I was no where near this when it happened otherwise I would have been freaking out. I'm glad she took it though because it's one of my all time favorites.
And we are climbing, climbing, climbing....
Jamison didn't stop once and made it to the top, I'm glad he has small legs otherwise I would have never been able to keep up.
Jamison didn't stop once and made it to the top, I'm glad he has small legs otherwise I would have never been able to keep up.
Ok, back to my photos:
Bronwyn had the best seat for the tour.
Bronwyn had the best seat for the tour.
(Another Blackberry portrait. So happy he was finally able to turn that thing back in but he wouldn't let me smash it with a hammer first.)
To be continued....
6 comments:
I totally agree with you on the ridiculous flowers. I do like small fabric flowers though, way more cute than the fake flowers people use. But yes, overall they are ridiculous. Monarchs on the other hand are quite adorable!
I was actually the first to comment :-), but I see it didn't' save, dang. Well, I'll try to summarize.
I hope we get to take that trip I want/hope we get to this summer to SLC and vicinity because I want to kiss that little BBLL (Baby Bronwyn Lisette Line)!
Yes, big flowers on little heads...well, I would never have used one had a had a tiny babe anyway. Headbands/bandanas give me headaches. Wouldn't want to chance giving one to a little princess. Hal hates them, tried a bow band once to tame the locks. She hates any bows, clippy or otherwise. She prefers cheap colored elastic bands and so she gets... in her usual braids to keep it under control. Her hair is the fuzzy side of velcro and since her trach ties use velcro and her necessary bibs, well, you can only imagine the snagging and tangles if we don't! To cut it short would bush it. Don't I just understand that?
Hope we get to visit you all soon and that you are peacefully settling in soon. Can't wait to see house pics!
Awe!!!! What wonderful pics!!! So I want to come visit you guys sometime since you are so close to me in Ogden rigt now. I will have to call you. I did realize by reading your blog post that I posted very inaccurately about the monarch's on mine. Oooops. I better change that.
Thanks again for letting us come and live the Mexico City life for a weekend. We had a blast with the sites and especially with your family!!!
My girls would love the monarchs--they enjoy butterflies---don't think they have figured out they are bugs---because every other one causes a hernia around here...but hey! Glad you are back in the states!
I stopped by hoping to read how you are adjusting to Zion! Can't wait for the update!
(Oh, and love the pic. 'over the edge')
It's JULY! I want pictures. Stories. Bitterness about missing me while I was in town. The WORKS! Abs.
Post a Comment