We are hoping and praying...and praying and hoping that his 3rd birthday meant the end of the "Terrible Twos". So far things seem to be getting better though he definitely kept Kris and I on our toes this past year:
(And yes, the floor was also covered in cereal but I vacuumed it up before being sane enough to have Jamison come in and pose with his handy work.)
The Past 3 Years:
Some of his favorite things:
TV Show- Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! (Hey! At least it's not Barney!)
Food- Pizza or PB&J sandwiches
Pastimes: Playing LEGOS with his older brothers and basketball using any sort of bin or makeshift basket (which is why we bought the birthday gift we did)
He loves to help in the kitchen and no matter how quiet I am, he can hear the mixer or food processor being pulled out of the pantry and is instantly under foot dragging a chair up to the counter.
He has a scream/whine that can melt your eardrums and raise the dead. You know that scene in Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey asks Jeff Daniels if he wants to hear the most annoying sound in the world? Not even close to what Jamison can do. It's a cross between a yodel and a banshee who has stubbed her toe...on a cinder block...while running....barefoot. Yes, it's that bad.
We do a lot of spelling in the house. Rule #1 is to NEVER say the "P" word so when the older boys want to go to the playground they have to ask "may we go to the P-A-R-K?" Jamison picked up on this pretty quickly so now he asks "Go to the P-R-A?"
His speech is slowly getting better. He still has trouble saying more than one sylable words. For those words that have more than one sylable he only says the first sylable or doubles it. As a result, he has his own nicknames for his siblings. Weston is Whe-Whe, Braedon is Bur, and Bronwyn is Bra. We correct him and help him along but he does show progress even if it is slow.
My favorite thing about my youngest boy is he still loves to crawl into bed with Kris and I in the morning. I'm always ready for snuggles from Jamison. He absolutely adores Kris and I and we adore him even more...can't ask for much more than that!
.jpg)

.jpg)
_edited-1.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
_edited-1.jpg)
_edited-2.jpg)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Good luck with the end of the terrible twos. We were surprised to find that turning three was the beginning of all sorts of mayhem and trouble at our house and thought "terrible twos" were completely overrated!"
Having way more experience than I ever hoped to have with speech delay and not having met Jamison I would say from what you wrote here that he's coming along and when it clicks it really clicks. If you worry about that sort of thing we should get together when you move here and I can tell you what I know about services in this state, etc.
Hey! My Adam turns 3 TOMORROW! :) Too bad you're not moving here. :) Old Mexico to New Mexico...ah?
Services here are AWESOME. I feel like I'm an expert in having jacked up kids. Speech delays...pshh. My oldest was delayed speechishly, and then #2 could only do one word communication by age 2.5.
With that one, her auditory processor not worky so well. She still struggles to understand stuff, at age 4.
Anywho...enough about my kiddies.
Can't wait for you to get out of that place!
It goes by fast doesn't it??
I love the pics Garity, but I swear I just about died with the cereal in the toilet pic. I know you were probably ready to kill him, but I swear it has made my day!! Too funny!
Linnea and Abbie- It sure helps to know others have experienced speech delay woes. It's not so much the speech delay itself right? It's the chaos and gnashing of teeth that results because I can't understand what he needs or wants.
Amy- That was almost 6 boxes of cereal in the toilet...on the floor...and in the hallway. Cleaning the floor was easy plus the first 6 inches of cereal in the bowl. Once we got to the soggy stuff I was beside myself because it was cement. Thank goodness for rubber gloves. He did this while I was cleaning up the cat litter he dumped in the laundry room. That was a day from Hades and I was a sobbing zombie by the end of it all.
Man I loved that cereal in the toilet post- classic! I am so glad you guys will be out of there soon. I cried when I heard about the families in Mexico. It is HORRIBLE. We should have left that H- hole a longtime ago. I still can't believe that Juarez is half the differential as Dili. Someone has got to fix this weird system of rating. Where are you guys going? I remember something about Colorado maybe? Abby got two teeth this week and I immediately thought of Bron's picture and thought "it could be worse" haa! Good luck with the move and enjoy the safety, yummy food and cleanliness of the US-- we sure miss it.
Oh, I missed this one, glad I checked back. Happy Birthday Jamison! Love all the cute pics! My kids love Wow, Wow, Wubbzy too. I just don't get it, but they also like Yo Gabba Gabba which I understand even less. But all are better than Barney, just the new age Barney shows. Of the current kids shows (Nick Jr. ones) we love "Little Bill". Now that's good stuff. :-) Ever seen the "Upside Down Show"? We love that one, but the critics don't I guess, not being renewed for another season. Boo. Well, didn't mean this to turn into TV talk, but it's fun to see your little guy. Looking so forward to seeing you all more after the move!
Post a Comment