When Kris, the kids and I went to Puebla in February, my intention was to get some good pictures of the volcanoes, buy some onyx and hit a few Talavera stores. We took the kids to a Chuck-E-Cheese type restaurant, loaded them up with tokens and told them to have a great time because the next day was Daddy and Mommy's turn to have fun. Pictures of the volcanoes were a bust since it was overcast the whole time, and we didn't make it to the Talavera stores because we had so much fun looking at onyx. This would be during the trip mentioned in the previous post where the older boys and I sampled the "tasty" grasshoppers.
The hike to the top of the hill was a BEAST! Not only was it chilly, but the wind was intense and the steps were not nice and even. Once we got to the top we were bombarded with a surprise hail storm. Needless to say, while our trip to Puebla was lots of fun, I still had unfinished business in the photo and Talavera department.
This past Saturday it was Girl's Day Out with 2 girlfriends who were up for the 2 hour drive south east to Puebla. Rosita "La Llama" Fernandez** and I had a mission. We had been planning a trip out to Puebla for over a month only to have it cursed each time. How cursed? This last attempt was almost thwarted after both of our cars were forced out of commision within a day of each other. Thankfully, Kathy had also been interested in the trip and was willing to fill in as driver.
**Rosita doesn't use her real name on her blog and since I love the names she gave her family for the purpose of her blog I had to add a link. Check it out.
Now, Kathy driving is a plus on so many levels. She is fun, fabulous, and amazingly talented in the ways of motoring in Mexico. She had no reservations in the least when it came to capturing the perfect shot. The mere suggestion "Oh this would be such a good shot!" and she'd morph Chilangan -- hopping the curb, hazard lights on (which makes it "legal" here in Mexico) -- and Rosita and I would be off hiking the road's birm for the perfect shot.
Kathy and Rosita's daughter waiting for the two crazy ladies who were climbing the birm.
All of that for the SOLE purpose of getting this picture:
The sky was clear but the haze was a pain. I tried to photoshop this picture to hopefully clear some of it out but it's not the greatest result. Still, I love it and I hope to get better results out of at least one of the 25 shots I took from this vantage point. I'll play around a little more on photoshop to try and clear the haze from the volcano. It would also be better minus the Coca-Cola tent.
I'll go ahead and post this but I'm not done. I'll tell you what this church is built on as well as the rest of the day's adventures!
To be continued...
I'll go ahead and post this but I'm not done. I'll tell you what this church is built on as well as the rest of the day's adventures!
To be continued...


1 comment:
Great picture! It was worth the trouble :)
Post a Comment