A few nights ago I went downstairs to do our nightly check for scorpions in the boys' room. When I walked in my heart dropped and I had one of those moments...like when you turn around in the store and your kids are nowhere to be seen. Both beds were empty. I checked the bathroom, their closet, the toy room, all over. I knew they had gone downstairs earlier that night and I was really close to panicking. My first thought was that they had been kidnapped (ok, call me paranoid after the threats to my husband's office) but at about that exact point I noticed 2 boxes in their bedroom they had been playing in all day. I lifted one of flaps and immediately ran (actually, more like waddled) upstairs to grab the camera:
Braedon sort of sat straight up after I opened his box. He was still asleep though, even as I pushed/pulled him into his bed. Neither of them remembered me getting them into bed. I was so relieved they were safe at home....and I didn't find a single scorpion when I finished searching their room...even better.
2 comments:
I want to play with the upside down boy! And...the photos of the boys sleeping in the boxes were so sweet...glad they were *ok*.
I loved the deep voiced, "upside...down", and the BIG grins as he tells you he doesn't love any of you! This is a GREAT age! I can't wait for Mayalia to get there... okay, I can. I love every stage they go through! Kids are wonderful.
I do hate those heart attacks in the middle of the night though, especially when the kids are just being creative and having fun. My older boys hate that they have literally outgrown sleeping in boxes. I still find the younger ones twisted up together, like a human pretzel, in the strangest places... They sleep between heavy mattresses whenever they can. Strange.
Post a Comment