
We were getting out of the car when Weston looked up and saw the macaws. He told us all to look! They looked like they were about to take off so I grabbed my camera, and quick snapped a picture. Weston and Braedon really enjoy watching the macaws out the window but I am probably the one in the family who is completely nutts about them with the number of times I've stood by the window, camera in hand, waiting for them to take off or land. Just hoping for that award winning photo!

We got to church a little early our second Sunday here to get some pictures of the temple. This is my favorite one I took. I love my boys!

Jamison loves drink boxes and one will keep him busy long enough for me to wash a sink full of dishes (I miss my dishwasher!). He puts the straw in, takes a sip, pulls the straw out, looks at it, puts it back in, takes a sip, pulls it out, looks at it....



The embassy has a small playground that the kids can run around in. That's the embassy in the background.



This is the view of Caracas looking through the valley to the east. The embassy is situated in the center of Caracas in Valle Arriba.

Another view from the playground. This is the same view Kris has out of his office window but the American flag is just off to the side from his view which makes his view even better than this one. I can't take a camera into his office because it's a restricted access area...no cell phones, no unauthorized lap tops, no cameras, etc, otherwise I'd post that picture. It would be neat to have a picture like this one with the American Flag waving along the side...just because of the whole political situation here. I'm sure there is somewhere I can get that picture but I'll have to roam around.

We went to a restaurant called
Rey David that is just down the street from our temporary quarters. The food is fantastic (not Venezuelan but a mix of Italian, French and American selections). For dessert we noticed on the menu they had Haagen Das ice cream. Kris and I looked at each other and said "What the heck, lets get some, we deserve it". Each of those little containers cost about $15 or about $10 on the parallel rate. Thank goodness for per diem! It was the best ice cream I have had since getting here and we all REALLY enjoyed it. After paying that at the restaurant the grocery store price of $8 a pint doesn't seem so bad!
3 comments:
NO DISHWASHER!!!!!
I think you need to "per diem" one of those!!!!!!!
What a beautiful view! Jamison certainly is one of yours! He looks just like his brothers huh? I love hearing about your adventures!
Loved seeing pictures of Kris and the boys...love you all. I'm proud of you both. Mom Line
Post a Comment