Monday, April 27, 2009

Dilemma

So what is the latest?

Baby and I are doing just fine. As of today's appointment I am already dilating, she is head down and contractions are sporadic. Then again this could go on for a month which would actually be a very good thing. WHAT?!?!!? OK yes, that statement requires an explanation.

We've run into a bit of a dilemma. As you may already know, the whole swine flu has created some problems. Because we are planning on returning to Mexico, my Dr wants her to "bake" as long as possible to ensure she is strong which would lessen the chances of not being able to fight off what she will be hit with when we return to Mexico which includes all sorts of respiratory viruses. My boys have all had respiratory concerns when they were born such as RSV. Mexico City is a hotbed for respiratory issues especially with the severe pollution.

This is the first time I haven't wanted an early labor and I'll do what it takes to keep her baking if it means she'll be stronger.

They will not stop my labor if it happens but just as a precaution I have been put on bed rest to hopefully keep her baking for as long as possible even past my due date...ugh?

Another issue is Kris getting back here. He's already planning on coming back this week rather than on May 15th. I don't think he would be affected if flights were restricted since he's a diplomat but then again you never know with how everyone is freaking out down there. It might be a good thing for him to leave now on several levels. If she does decide to come early he'll be here, I'd be devastated if he missed her birth. Mayor Marcelo Ebrard has already said that public transportation will have to be shut down if things worsen. I'm sure flights would follow.

This should be interesting!

Still keeping our fingers crossed for Denver but not holding our breath.

9 comments:

monika said...

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you too, that Kris will be there, that you will survive the insanity of bedrest, and that she will "bake" as long as she needs to!
That dang swine flu is hosing things up royally... I can think of some swine we can do without, but unfortunately, those are more "human", and it wouldn't change things on the health front to get rid of them....

Jennifer said...

Wishing you a pregnancy that drags on and on and fingers are crossed for Kris' safe, timely arrival! Make sure he is totally sanitized before he comes near you or the kids!

Hopefully your next adventure will be Denver and you can put this whole Mexico "experience" behind you!

g said...

Too bad life isn't a "choose your own adventure" book, huh? Are you guys staying with family currently? Do have helpful people around you now that you're on bedrest? I hope so! Best of luck with the baby, your hubby and your living arrangements. You sound like you have a good attitude though. My attitude would probably be. . . quite unpleasant :D

Crawford Family said...

Wow. I have been thinking about your family all week with this scary stuff in the news. What a blessing that you have been homeschooling the boys and got here when you did! If you need ANYTHING let us know! We would love to take the boys to the park or wander around Waller Mill sometime just to get them out of your hair. Have you picked a name yet? I have decided girl names are to hard and she will forever been known as Sammy and Liam's little sister. It worked for the brother of jared right? Sending confortable thoguhts your way. Oh yeah and my email is kellymarie.crawford@gmail.com :)

FOX said...

OK... I will cross my fingers for you... gestate well and long my friend!!!!

What is up with the Denver comment at the end of your post? Are you switching from Mexico to Denver? You are having your little girl in Virginia, right?

BTW... I am so excited for you!!!!

Garity said...

Kris put in for a promotion (a GS-15 supervisor slot) that would take us back to Denver. It is a long shot (competition is pretty fierce) and we aren't holding our breath but fingers are crossed. It would take us out of Mexico early which at this point is a good thing on so many levels.

noelle said...

as much as i would hate to see your family go, i would also hate to see you come back. you can't bring that little baby girl back here!!!! you just can't. this is like the worst place ever for people with respiratory problems. add newborn lungs and swine flu to the mix... recipe for disaster. stay well and healthy.

btw, i will let you know once baby girl line's little gift is in the mail and on its way. hopefully soon. it's still in the process of being... processed. it's nothing big, but just a little some0thing that all baby girls need. ;

BigSista said...

Hope all is well with you on all fronts. Sending our best wishes your way.

BigSista said...

Opps the last is really from Havingcakeandeatingit2. I didn't realize my daughter was signed in.