Thursday, July 17, 2008

Memory Lane Game

Memory Lane

Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn’t matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.

It’s actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I’ll assume you’re playing the game and I’ll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don’t want to play on your blog, or if you don’t have a blog, I’ll leave my memory of you in my comments. So let’s have it! Don’t be shy! What do you remember? Anything funny, embarrassing (not too embarrassing! I'll get you back!), or silly… (I got this game from Rebecca and am doing my blogspot duty to pass it on...)

10 comments:

YouHaveHowMany? said...

I LOVED being around you, especially when there was something that needed to be said! You could just "say it like it is" when I didn't have enough guts to do it!

Darci said...

Honestly the one that came to mind first was in Brasilia and we hid behind the couch for hours and hours while mom ran around the house and complex freaking out trying to find us. I remember getting spanked sooo hard and the being smushed to death in a big hug. We were evil evil....

Janet said...

I remember when we first met at your parents home in Colorado before the week of the wedding. All of us sat around talking outside and it seemed like you were already "one of my own". I knew Kris was getting one good woman...and he did!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I don't have many memories that I can remember of you and I as young kids. It took a while for me to actually go as far back as I can remember. Sadly I can only remember two right now. One was in Miami. All of us girls including Monica sat around in a circle with a coconut, a nail and a hammer. You got the coconut open because you were so upset with the nail you started going at the coconut with the hammer. We finally had the milk for our hair and a sweet treat to eat.

The second wasn't a good memory. It involved you Darci and the wall in St. Louis (in the basement). Traci and I were on the stairs holding each other. That's all I'm going to say. Good times!

Oh wait I do remember in Peru. You and Tk told Darci and I (or was it just me?) that the bottom of the pool smelled like strawberries.

And you all wonder why I am the way I am?

Garity said...

Ok Kyra, since you aren't posting this on your blog I'll give my favorite memory of you here: When you were born I was 8 and mom wouldn't let me hold you as much as I wanted. She would lay you on a blanket and go do things telling me to "keep an eye on you" I learned that if I sat on the floor I could gently lift up the side of the blanket and slide underneath it and pull you up onto my lap without actually picking you up (mom just said I couldn't pick you up...she never said I couldn't slide you up!). I loved holding you like that when you were sleeping, just sitting on the floor and holding you without mom knowing and hovering over me...no I never dropped you or even bumped you!

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

Ok Garity, I will never forget you showing us your tattoo on your pregnant stomach in the dorms at BYU during women's conference. Hilarious!

Kerry
(my blog is still being renovated so you'll have to leave a comment here)

Darci said...

Oh another one is when you were in your rebellious stage and you would sneek out of the house in St. Louis and I would get so mad. I could hear you all the time doing it.

Ashly said...

I remember the stake dances in non-band season- hanging out out with those cute North Stake boys (Danny, Greg, Scott)...do you remember that??

Garity said...

Dude! What is this? Rag on gert time? For the record, I would "sneak out" to sit in the backyard with some friends...I never had the guts to sneak out and actually leave the property. Gosh! But yea...guilty as charged.

Ash, totally remember! What about Rob from Rolla? Did he make the rounds or WHAT!? He was so cute until you realized he was SOOOO creepy!

Kerry, That was sooooooo funny! Thank goodness it didn't stay like that...well except when I got pregnant again and I'd tell myself again how stupid I was to pick the side of my stomach for it! I remember Mom especially laughing after I told her "now just imagine Kris' reaction when I first told/showed him!". The reaction I got from my Sisters-in-Law though...you guys were priceless! I thought "Gee you guys REALLY need to get out more!" That was SO much fun to hang out that week!

So my memory for you Kerry: When Kris and I were dating and attending the singles ward, he would talk about things that you and he would do in Boise while attending the singles ward. I would be trying so hard not to laugh when he would turn to me during Sacrament Meeting and whisper "I could always get Kerry to laugh when I did this" and he'd proceed to "perform" surgery attaching my thumb to the back of my hand (no one else is going to get this when they read it!). Or something else that used to crack you up...and of course I'd be trying to hold it together...he was so irreverant! Just the stories he'd tell me about you and him being so crazy I knew I was going to adore having you as a future sister-in-law. And then when I finally met you I was not disapointed and now I just wish we lived at least within driving distance of each other! (I love my 4 other Sisters-in-Law too! But this is a memory for Kerry!)

Garity said...

Ash,
I just checked your blog to leave a memory but I'll have to leave it here instead. I spent the night at your house and remember walking into your room for the first time and being absolutely blown away that your mom was SO COOL to actually let you paint black squares on your walls. Your room was so much fun and VERY hip the way it was decorated...I loved it! You also were the best person to hang with at the Stake dances because you knew so many of the guys from the other Stakes (yea, since our ward was seriously lacking when it came to hot guys our age or older). I was in awe because you were like some sort of magnet for the cute ones and yes I do remember being a little jealous but not in a way where I liked you any less! Even though I was not really interested in going to church at the time, you and Mikelle were still so sweet to me and never passed judgement.