
Leading up to his birthday, he called pretty late from Caracas last night to tell me about the horrible experience he had at dinner with a friend---long story short, the guy got sloppy drunk before their food even arrived...Kris didn't get to eat his dinner because he was more concerned with getting the guy out of the restaurant who was making a scene...between loudly insulting Kris in the restaurant and then telling him he is the greatest guy ever, Kris had to get help from the restaurant staff, including the maitre d', to drag him into the car....he was able to avoid ralphing in his own car that Kris was driving for him...Kris drug him up to his apartment (he lives in the same complex as Kris), letting him pass out on the couch, hoping he didn't die from choking if he puked....then left to go back to his own apartment...if you know Kris, you know this was not a good night for him since he HATES being around drunks and heavy drinkers and avoids it as much as possible. What a way to start his birthday!
We talked until midnight just so I could be the first to wish him a happy birthday and hopefully start his birthday on a better note. I've had so many ideas over the past few years about how I was going to help him celebrate his 40th... a family vacation, surprise party, a major purchase of something he has been wanting for a while or maybe a small birthday party with close friends. I can't believe he spent today alone at the Embassy...yes not only did he go into work on his birthday, it is also a Saturday. He did call this morning so the kids and I could sing "Happy Birthday" to him. When he got home he found that his friend left a note on the apartment door PROFUSLEY apologizing for what had happened the night before. Kris then decided to go to the movies and see Batman...alone. This was not how I wanted him to spend a birthday even though he's not a huge birthday celebration type person!
The kids and I are going to make it up to him, we have huge plans for him when he gets back. Since he was stuck in Caracas during Father's Day and his birthday we are going to celebrate both for a whole week. The kids and I have been making cards with 40 of his favorite things to either eat, do or see. We are going to try and get through as many of them as possible before we have to leave for Mexico. I want to steal an idea from the Call family and try to incorporate it into Kris' week maybe using some of the 40 cards for it. If you want a sneak peek of the idea before, you can read about it at Cinderella's Enchanted Birthday.
Sirk,
Our plans for Your week have begun.
Caracas has not been much fun
So we add to a list,
All the things that you miss,
Your 40th won't be outdone!
LOVE YOU!
-gert

8 comments:
I have the best wife. I love you Gert, I will be home soon!
-sirk
Happy birthday Kris! Mark can relate on the missing the birthday thing. He gets skipped every year since we ditch him to go out of state. It sounds like Garity has great plans to make it up to you though. Maybe I'll have to steal some of those ideas too. Isn't that what blogs are for - to borrow other's creative juices?
I emailed Kris (aka...Sirk, Crawlers,Kitternight) Sunday night right before we left to see Mom and Bill in Ohio. We are at mom's now. Girt, I think you need to put mom's place on the top 40 list. I had expectations about mom's new place, and they have been outdone and then some. What a fun relaxing place. The lake, the barns, the big screen TV's, the hawks, the beautiful canopied drive and the swimming pool. Gotta come. I am tenatively planning a brothers and their family retreat to mom's as soon as Kris and the family get back to the states.
Ummm...I want to be officially on the family list who have enough guts to stay in touch.
Danny boy
Well Danny boy, start off by using your own account to log onto the blog with! You completely threw me off talking about Mom's place when I think Janet's talking and I'm thinking "Grandma McMillan moved and has a killer pad?" Yea we keep talking about getting up there....the brother retreat sounds like fun...just be sure to take the kids with you too!
Hope Kris got his birthday card I sent early...and I love his picture you posted...it was always my favorite!! Hope you are all together again soon. Love, Mom
I can't wait to here the details!!! You are so awesome!!!!
I somehow missed this post, I am so glad I scrolled down!!! I loved the kids pictures!!!!!!!
Happy B-day Kris!!!!!! Come home safely!!!! We want to visit you in Mexico!!!!
at least you both had normal kid hair!! I never had normal kid hair!
Kudos to both your moms!
and don't get me started on my outrageous outfits... kudos to your moms in that department too!
Holy cow!! Is that Weston in the first picture or what?
Come home safe and sound Kris and hopefully we will see you and the family in Mexico.
Post a Comment