So much for "Only in Mexico Mondays" today...
We finaly got internet hooked up a few days ago but unfortunately the modem's wireless something-or-other is messed up and I get kicked off after a few minutes and can't connect again for an hour or so. Not enough time to load pictures or even write more than an e-mail or two at a time. We don't have the cables to hook the laptop up to it directly. We had a modem that worked great at our old house but we thought we'd just use the modem that the previous people had at this apartment. Kris told them to just leave it and we'd turn in ours. So now I'm going to have to go to the Telmex store to pick up a new one when our original one worked just fine. It took Kris over an hour to turn in the modem so I am not looking forward to what it's going to take to get a new one.
Before I get kicked off I just want to say that our new place is beyond anything I could have even hoped to get into. This apartment complex is fantastic and the apartment itself is wonderful. We finally feel like we are in a comfortable home. We are still surrounded by boxes and I have spent all of today washing moldy toys and legos...did you know legos could get moldy? I can't even imagine what it would be like to clean up after a fire. A flood is horrible enough. A lot of stuff didn't dry out completely before the movers packed it so we've been opening boxes that are all full of surprises.
The boys absolutely love it here and have made several friends already. This complex is full of kids!
I can't wait to post pictures of everything and I'll make it a point to go get the new modem this week. Bronwyn started smiling on Kris' birthday (July 19th) so I am way overdue for those pictures! It has been a whirlwind of chaos but this apartment is going to make our remaining time here in Mexico enjoyable.
We'll try again for next Monday for "Only in Mexico Mondays"! I have a great one the kids are really going to enjoy but again, I can't post it without the video (it would be pointless without the video) and I need a modem that doesn't kick me off before I can download it.
Always In The Middle
13 years ago
5 comments:
Oh HOOORAAAH! Good news for you, finally. Looking so forward to the pictures. Love you guys!
Ugh to those "surprises" when you open the boxes! I did know that legos could get moldy, unfortunately. We once lived a fab student housing apartment that was always moist. We didn't find out about the extent of the moisture until I found the kids' toys, my cowboy boots, and some books covered in mold and mildew. We had only been gone for two months, and it was during the summer. The walls of that closet were wet when we opened the door. GROSS!
Still, I can't imagine having to clean a mess on the scale you are talking about. I wish we were closer so I could help!
What a RELIEF for you!! So glad the kids can play with kids and not have worries that mom is going to get shot by the neighbor! looking forward to pics!
I dunno, I think the not working internet kind of applies to the whole "only in Mexico" thing right?
So glad you guys got a great new place!
Sorry about the mildew...take pics!!
My favorite way to clean mildew off bath toys is to run them through the dishwasher. :) I wonder if that would work for legos?
Maybe a mesh bag with legos in the dishwasher? So glad the housing has turned out well and that the boys have made friends. Hoping many happy days full of better surprises than come in a box for you.
Post a Comment